The Markha valley trek, through the Hemis National Park, home of the elusive snow leopard, is one of the most popular treks in Ladakh, India. This trek passes through beautiful villages tucked in the deep valley surrounded by towering mountains, and from the high pass of Kongmaru La, trekkers can enjoy spectacular views of the Kang Yatse peaks. We will be staying in homestays throughout the trek providing an excellent opportunity to discover the everyday life of locals.
FUNDRAISING: This charity challenge will support the renovation and upgrade of family homes for more than 530 children in need directly, and 1,861 indirectly through wider positive impacts in the community.
Together, our goal is to raise 96,500 for Tibetan Children's Villages, Leh-Ladakh, India.
To support our goal, we advise each individual to fundraise USD1,375 so that together, we can succeed with this incredible housing project and support children in need in Ladakh.
FITNESS LEVEL: This will be an extreme test of fitness and determination. There is no technical climbing, but there will be plenty of challenging sections and trekking at high altitude. Regular fitness training and long-distance walking is highly recommended. Click here to read more about the challenge difficulty levels.
TRAINING: In the run up to the challenge Gulf for Good runs a variety of free, weekly training sessions that we encourage you to join. In addition, registering for this challenge grants you an unlimited membership to Gulf for Good’s soulFIT fitness and hiking community. Click here to read more about soulFIT, our hiking community and view the upcoming schedule of activities.
Join our public WhatsApp group to keep informed of all of our news, events and activities.
- A challenge, adventure and charity experience of a lifetime!
- An opportunity to visit the charity visit and experience the difference your fundraising will make
- soulFIT training membership
- Unlimited access to all Gulf for Good hikes, fitness and training activities in UAE mountains
- Fundraising approval and support with fundraising events
- Pre-challenge briefing and get-togethers
- Discount with Gulf for Good partner outdoor outfitters
- Safety, medical and equipment advice
- Internal flights and transfers
- Accommodation, food and water
- Experienced Outdoor First Aid certified, Gulf for Good support team
- In-country medical and vehicle back up
- Ethical, global standards for in-country guides and porters
Either pay at once or opt for our easy instalment plan below.
- On registration AED1,000 (USD275) deposit toward the Challenge Expenses (non-refundable and non-transferable) paid to Gulf for Good to reserve your space on the challenge
- Thursday 22nd April 2021: AED897 (USD244), 50% remaining balance towards the Challenge Expenses paid to Gulf for Good
- Thursday 3rd June 2021: AED897 (USD244), 50% final balance towards the Challenge Expenses paid to Gulf for Good
- Thursday 8th July 2021: AED5,000 (USD1,360) minimum Charity Donation paid to International Humanitarian City
(USD1 = AED3.67)
• International flights
• Tips and spending money
• Kit items
• Drinks (other than water)
This event is under process for approval by the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department.