One of the world’s most challenging mountain treks and one of our most popular adventures. A private group organised through 'The Physical Training Company' will trek through rainforests, meadows, moorlands, via the Rongai route camping each night, up through “The Saddle” before their final ascent to Uhuru Peak (5,895m).
This charity challenge is fundraising to support Enjoro Primary School through the Foundation of African Empowerment (FAE) a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation dedicated to improving access to quality, inclusive education for all children especially those with special educational needs and disabilities in Tanzania through providing support services, awareness raising and advocacy.
Enjoro Primary School is one of their projects, a public school currently with 826 students and 12 qualified full time teachers located at the Enjoro Maasai Village in northern Tanzania. This community identified access to education as their number one priority.
The goal is to raise USD 17,000 for Enjoro Primary School.
Each individual will aim to fundraise USD 685 so that together, they can succeed with this incredible sustainable educational institution to support 826 children in need in Tanzania.
This challenge is an EXTREME test of fitness at high altitude, but achievable by anyone in good health and willing to train for a minimum of 3 months to build fitness and stamina.
Participants must be comfortable walking several hours per day including steep inclines and at high altitude.
Click here to read more details about our challenge difficulty levels.
We run a variety of free, weekly training sessions to encourage participants to join before the challenge. Registering for this challenge grants participants membership to Gulf for Good's soulFIT fitness and hiking community. Click here to read more about soulFIT, our hiking community and view the upcoming schedule of activities.
Join our public WhatsApp group to keep informed of all of our news, events and activities.
• A challenge, adventure and charity experience of a lifetime!
• In-country charity visit
• soulFIT training membership
• Unlimited access to all Gulf for Good fitness & training activities and hikes in UAE mountains
• Fundraising approval + support with fundraising events
• Pre-challenge briefing & get-togethers
• Discount with partner outdoor outfitters
• Safety, medical & equipment advice
• Internal flights & transfers
• Accommodation, food & water
• Experienced Outdoor First Aid certified Gulf for Good support team
• In-country medical & vehicle back up
• Ethical, global standards for in-country guides and porters
Either pay at once or opt for our easy installment plan below.
- AED 1,000 (USD 275) - deposit payment toward Challenge Expenses (non-refundable and non-transferable) due to Gulf for Good to reserve your space on the challenge
- AED 3,750 (USD 1,020) second payment toward Challenge Expenses due to Gulf for Good by Thursday 1st July 2021
- AED 3,750 (USD 1,020) balance payment toward Challenge Expenses due to Gulf for Good by Sunday 15th August 2021
- AED 2,500 (USD 685) - Minimum Charity Donation due to International Humanitarian City by Thursday 23rd September 2021
(USD 1 = AED 3.67)
• International flights
• Tips and spending money
• Kit items
• Drinks (other than water)
This challenge is approved by the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department fundraising license 3531.